Thursday, November 13, 2008

Great [Craigslist] Success!

This morning when I woke up to study for my anthro test, I decided to look one last time for a single Kings of Leon ticket being sold. I found one on Craigslist, e-mailed the seller and set up a pick-up time and location.

All day I was plagued with terrifying premonitions of my life ending in some cold, moldy basement in Brookline while some large, hairy man stood over me holding a meat cleaver, chuckling that I would be so stupid as to fall for his trick.


This is why I mass texted my friends with my whereab
out and sent several Twitter notifications and tried to call my mom so I could talk to her while meeting this stranger... just in case.

Man did I feel stupid when the guy bashfully approached and handed me the ticket telling me how he couldn't go tonight because he'd be at the Patriots game. (I'll just ignore the extortion facilitated by Craigslist. Let's not talk about the price.)


Later my mom called and said, "I don't like that Princess Peanut! Never again!" The Dad Approval Rating of my actions would probably be somewhere around -27%.

BUT. I've wanted to see Kings of Leon for a
very long time! And now I will!

Long Live Craigslist!

No comments: