Monday, November 17, 2008

How Macy's Ruined My COM Prom.



Dear Macy's,


Thank you for ruining my last Com Prom ever. I am nothing but loyal and what do you do? Let me down when I need you most.

One hour before my guests were due to arrive, I stepped out of the shower, took my dress off the hanger and prepared to put it on. Instead, I shrieked at the sight of the ink tag... the four inch long and one inch wide ink tag... still on the side of my dress.

How could you?

I spent the next hour trying to decide whether I would go to Park Street and start screaming at someone, not go to Com Prom, wear the dress with the ink tag anyways or settle for a dress I'd already worn. I watched a YouTube video about how to take off ink tags but it was geared toward shoplifters with fancy tools I don't have.

I didn't wear your dress, Macy's. I brought it in on Saturday to return it and the cashier didn't even care. I told her I had nothing to wear and she said, "Aww. That's awful."

YES MACY'S. YES IT IS AWFUL.

You should really work on hiring people who pay attention. You might also want to work on your customer service. And anyone shopping at Macy's or elsewhere should keep an eye on those ink tags.

I don't know if I can ever go back. My fury can not adequately be expressed. The wounds are still fresh. You really let me down.

We're over. I mean it.

Maria

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Hi Maria,
I have been boycotting Macys for about 15 years now. I had a Macys charge since I was in high school. When my husband was in the Navy we moved around alot but I always had a Macys account and paid all my bills on time. One day I had to call and speak with a customer service rep about a credit report I had recieved that said I had multiple Macys accounts. When I called they said "Aha we finally found you" and transferred me to delinquent accounts. They said I had been hiding from them since 1986 and I said I still have a Macys account what are you talking about. They said I had an outstanding balance from when we live in Florida. They said pay it now or we are suspending your account. I said are you nuts I dont have an outstanding balance and how could you not find me when I clearly still have a Macys account. They accused me of having an alias and it went on and on with this woman until I got off the phone and wrote a long bitchy letter. They finally "relieved" me of the debt but they wouldnt admit it was their error. I told them how they humiliated me and blah blah blah and they didnt care. My father had an incident also with a lost bill. Needless to say none of us shop at Macys anymore and I hope someday they go out of business from my lack of shopping there. I hope you had a good time anyway, screw them, you girls looked beautiful, sorry I was stalking your pictures a little.