Monday, April 28, 2008

The Kings of Leon are smokin

AAAHH!! I am trapped by the hypnotizing powers of YouTube!!!

Earlier I was listening to a Kings of Leon song (Soft) that I for some reason decided I wanted to hear live. Well, that was pretty much a death trap. Two hours later I still can’t stop. I watch these videos and literally scream. Yes scream. Alone in my room in my pajamas. You'd think I was actually at the concert. I can feel the energy even through the computer screen. Maybe its because whenever I play that game, “if you could be anything in the world what would it be,” with Noelle, I inevitably always pick a tattooed male who’s a kick ass drummer. You laugh. But I’m dead serious. Blame Michael Victor. He passed on the passion. Anyways. That won’t happen any time soon so I’ll just remain an obsessive, insatiable fan.

I got a Black Crowes CD and a Hot Tuna CD from Nuggets (the local used CD/records/old stuff store) this weekend. I’ve been listening to a lot of older stuff lately. Especially Creedence. Kings of Leon just popped into my head today though. They are the essential modern-day rock band (with a little country influence). They have songs about love, hate, revenge, friendship, parties... The guys in the band are all family members (three brothers and a cousin) from Tennessee. They change their hair cuts more that most BU girls. They are skinny boys in tight pants. They apparently play as well (if not better) live as they do on a CD. Hopefully I’ll find out for myself sometime soon.

Until then, I'll continue watching these videos on repeat:

The drummer is amazing. Especially in this video.

The Bucket

...and in this one. The "T in the Park 2007" videos are all pretty well done. I like the scenery shots with all the different flags and views of London.

Slow Night So Long

This is one of my favorite of the live videos and one of my favorite songs on the newer CD.

On Call

This video is a little older but it's one of my favorite songs of theirs. The singer gargles the lyrics at some points but it's still a good video.

Red Morning Light


This is the most played song of theirs on my iTunes. And the singer looks dreamy in the video. I could never resist a bearded guy in flannel.

Razz






...

No comments: