Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wrapping up the summer. Part One.

This summer was the first time I'd been to Ann Arbor. It was a lot of firsts for me. This summer was my first:
  • ...time living on another campus. University of Michigan is sooo different than BU. I didn't even see it during the school year, which makes me want to come back for a football game. Apparently it's all the rage here. I wouldn't know. We don't have a football team. I've never tailgated. Moving on.
  • Gerald.
  • ... time drinking outdoors without fearing jail time.
  • internship.
  • Happy Hour. Woooo!
  • 9-5.
  • ... time playing Cornhole. AKA throwing bags of beans (or something) at wooden boards with little holes.
  • ... time playing toss-the-frisbee-at-a-tiki-torch-and-knock-off-the-bottle. Basically instead of a wick, the top of the torch is duct taped and an empty beer bottle is placed on top. The goal is to hit the torch with the frisbee and knock the bottle off so fast the other team can't catch it. Instead, I played try-not-to-take-out-an-elderly-stranger (aka the hosts father.) It's dangerous.
  • ... time I've had to cook for myself or starve. It turned out pretty well. The good news is I'm not sick of spaghetti even though I ate it almost every night.
  • being addicted to coffee.
  • actually liking a dog. And having a dog like me.

No comments: