Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I hope you're as proud of me as my parents are.

Feast your eyes on this, ladies and gentlemen. Perhaps the best meal I've ever made. EVER!





I added the lemons to the picture because I was afraid it might look like I fried some chicken, peed in a plate and tried to pass it off as a delicacy. To prove otherwise, I will also provide evidence of the recipe I worked from:



I scribbled down directions my mom gave me the second I got in the door from a 25 minute walk home. Give me a break.

Mom's Lemon Chicken That Maria Made Successfully So You Can Make It Too:

chicken
olive oil
butter
lemon
white wine

Fry the chicken in olive oil until it turns a little brown on both sides. Then put one tablespoon of butter into the pan. Let melt. Add 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1/3 cup white wine and a lot of love. Let sit until you can no longer resist the delicious smell.* Share the rest of the wine with the roommates. Indulge.







*Keep in mind these portions are small so make more if you plan on serving more than just yourself in front of the TV.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

um vom!!! hello. that chicken has emo

well-intentioned heartbreaker said...

looks & sounds totally delish.
i'm verging on proud parent status.