Monday, August 4, 2008

I'm an intern but don't have to get people coffee. This is the life.

It's Monday. Which means our coffee run was to Primo's. It also means that, despite a possible hangover, Nichole harassed me the entire 4 minute walk there, 9 minutes spent retrieving three unique orders of coffee and 4 minutes back to the office.

Nichole: You should get that cinnamon bun.
Maria: (peers into glass case to find one-month old cinnamon bun with old, gooey, wrinkly, discolored raisins sprinkled over top) Eew. Those raisins scare me.
Nichole: You need to improve your social skills.

It's ok. She gave up sugar (for a good cause.) Now she gets her kicks watching me indulge in sugary goodness.

.....

Here is a pictoral layout of our weekly coffee rout
e, in case you wanted to stalk me.

PRIMO'S- I always have issues with this place. The guy that works there likes to make fun of me and tell me I look "out of it" and that he wishes me good luck outside in the big bad world. Today the girl mumbled. I couldn't hear anything and ended up with Free Trade coffee that tasted like flowers. I'll be leaving Nichole my punch card as a parting gift.



SWEETWATERS, Tuesdays and Thursdays- Love this place. My goal of the summer was to be able to assertively nod at the cashier and be given m y coffee without saying a word, a la Nichole and Damian. I don't foresee that happening in the next two weeks.




ESPRESSO ROYALE, Wednesdays- Two dollar lattes every Wednesday. Not quite as loud as the one in Boston. This is the site of my first large coffee ever.





STARBUCKS, randomly- Sometimes we go here when Nichole wants a muffin or we are feeling brave enough to try the new Vivianno which we have a coupon for so don't feel bad tossing it after a sip because it tastes like crap.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the guy where I get my coffee tells me to "behave" and then winks. It's pretty creepy.

Nic said...

maybe you should wink more at primos. i really think that would work. and i can harass you PRIOR to having my coffee.