Sunday, August 10, 2008

I may have laughed too much this weekend. My stomach definitely doesn't hurt from push ups.

This was a very eventful weekend for me. Nichole declared Friday "bring your intern home from work" day. Saturday was the infamous neighborhood block party.

It all started bright and early Friday morning on the bus ride to work.


Nichole: Pack your little Hello Kitty bag and tell Michael to get you in Novi tomorrow.
Maria: Mother of pearl this is the biggest bag ever.
Nichole: Do hoochie shorts and tube tops take up that much room?

Later at work:

Nichole: Did you remember to pack your fake ID?

In the car on the way to Novi:

Nichole: I hate when little kids are on Facebook.
Maria: Why are you friends with little kids on Facebook?

Driving to happy hour:

Andy: Do you even know who Michael Keaton is? Were you even alive for the first Batman?
Maria: I think so. Anything after '87.
Andy: She's as old as Top Gun!

Later, at the bar:

Maria: Seriously that guy just pushed a drink over to your area. Don't drink it.
Nichole: You guys! Drink this!

The next day, after having left Nichole's:

Nichole: I am going to make sure you didn't steal something and hide it in your carpet bag. Tell Vicki to turn it up!

Later that night, my family and I attended the neighborhood block party. Or should I say, dad attended the block party while mom and I watched fifteen people huddle under one tent as torrential downpours throttled them. When the weather broke, I joined the party. The only people who wanted to talk to me were 85 and completely oblivious to the words leaving my mouth. I went inside for a sweatshirt but fell asleep instead.

Some time later, in the basement:

Mom: Wake up and make yourself look pretty. The jello shots are out.

Approaching the crowd:

Matt: Everyone! Stop what you're doing! Maria has joined us!
Dave: Hah! Sleep lines.

Some time later:

Matt: Stop pretending you don't know how to open a beer. Your dad knows you drink.
Maria: I'm going to punch you.
Matt: Why aren't we MySpace friends.

Maria: Because I'm not 13 and you're creepy?
Dad: Tell him about Twitter!

Playing flip cup with older people is sometimes challenging. I was off my game but that was nothing compared to Matt's aunt.

Maria: Kick her in the legs when it's her turn and take the cup for her.
Rebecca: Let's knock out her knees Kerrigan style!

Sitting by the camp fire at 1 AM:

Dad: I think I'm going to sneak to bed.
Maria: I'll come with you.
Dad: NO! Then they'll notice me leaving! You stay here for as long as you want.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Remind me to tell you my Nancy Kerrigan story...I had to do a stake-out at her house. I kid you not.

Nic said...

woah woah woah. i believe it ALL started with you saying "last chacne to get out of this otherwise i'm following you home like a fiend following a high."