Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recovered: Artifacts of the Past

I've been packing and organizing for approximately 24 hours. I get distracted and start going through things I know will not be coming to Boston with me. The benefit to this is that every year when it's time to go back to school I rediscover old things that weren't always stuffed in a box or drawer.

Like this duct tape wallet made by Tom, a friend and Joe's soccer coach from Indiana two summers ago.



Or that random box of letters. The best of which was from someone we met in a hotel bar in Egypt about seven years ago. He didn't really speak English. Long story. Funny letter delivered after a week of hanging out in silence. He wanted to know if it was possible to be "boyfriends."



And this friendship necklace. You know you had one. From Massachusetts probably about ten years ago. Kim and I couldn't go to the mall without buying something to solidify our friendship.


No comments: