Monday, September 1, 2008

The view from the top.

WELL.

I've been in Boston for five days and have finally finished organizing my room. An abundance of distractions have kept me from setting up. Cleaning my room usually falls low on the priorities list though so that's no shocker.





Here's a wrap up of the start of the semester.


Thursday we went to Sunset Cantina for Michelle's birthday and got free shots and rave pins. Then we went to Joshua Tree and met 30 Irish folk, one of whom decided we should get married because he needs a green card. He announced my newly determined status as "wife" while his friend asked me if I thought it would be mean if he threw his shoe at a stranger. I obviously said no.

Friday was glorious because everyone was back. We went to The Greatest Bar. That's the name of it. It was not, in fact, the greatest bar. But that was to be expected. We still had a fun time. After all, Theme of the Year #1 = It's not where you are, but who you're w
ith.

Saturday Jess and I went for breakfast in Noelle's room where she made us scrambled eggs. That night, we went to one of my favorite bars in Boston, Bell in Hand. My favorite cover band was not playing, but Dave came out and Katie and I reunited, finally.


Sunday was fantastic. Noelle and Christina woke me up early to go to the Boston Commons. They wanted to tan.
We found a perfect spot right in front of the State House. Little did we know that by laying there we became a destination on the Freedom Trail. After that we went shopping for room stuff and got trapped in a herd of freshmen trying to walk back home. We joined Christina in her room for some violent games of Civil War. Michelle, Christina and I hit the bars and eventually ended up at Cask N Flagon where I met a scalper. Which leads me to Theme of the Year # 2 = It's all fixed. Those were the scalper's wise words.

By this morning I was losing steam. Jess and Noelle dragged me out of bed to go to the BU Beach. I napped in the shade while people took pictures and tried to wake me up. We went to a building pot luck. Which wasn't as exciting as I anticipated. But I finally organized my room, which apparently has pretty good feng shui, according to Tara.

We forgot to say Rabbit Rabbit right at midnight but this is what we'll be seeing every night for the next nine months so life is looking pretty good these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"It's not where you are, but who you're with."

that is SO true.

Anonymous said...

Hello the life is something more than diversion lady. greetings