Saturday, September 6, 2008

From the mailbox: Dad Approval Factor

Sometimes, I am lucky enough to get e-mails from readers. I received this e-mail from a certain father of mine:

That has such a negative connotation, as in I disapprove of everything, it is just a matter of degree to which I disapprove.

Why can't you use the inverse, and much better sounding, Dad Approval Factor? It sounds so much more positive, and from a numbers perspective, it is exactly the same.
Come on, use some of those expansive (or did I mean expensive?) PR skills.

For example, "Choke", disapproval factor = 93%, or "Choke" approval factor = 7%. Same result (although I am guessing my approval factor would probably be closer to zero).

Remember, math is your friend!



Hopefully this post's Dad Approval Factor is above 50%.



Keep 'em coming, folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maria,

Honestly, this is the first time I looked at one of your blog entries and I promise, it will be the last (unless the title has "Dad" in it) but when I saw the Dad Approval Factor link from Tara's blog, I was intrigued. I have to agree with your Dad, we fathers get a bad rap. It's not that we completely disagree with everything you do. There is often a small degree of approval that goes along with each of your actions, and I am speaking of Tara now (e.g. losing your debit card in Spain - Dad Approval Factor = 10% - at least it will slow down your excessive spending or disclosing every detail of your life on the internet for all to see - Dad Approval Factor = 5% - at least that expensive BU education is improving your writing skills). So please thank your Dad for me as I will now be expressing myself using the more positive Dad Approval Factor.
Tara's Dad