Monday, October 27, 2008

If you want to attract guys, rub McDonalds all over you. Or just carry a bag...



Fanueil Hall is by far my favorite weekend destination. I haven't had a single bad experience in that area, so far.


Friday night
, Erin, Meesh and I went to the Green Dragon. It was my first time there. The bouncers were fun, younger guys who called us over to go inside.


Initial reasons this bar was a great choice...


...#1 No line
...#2 Cute and hilarious bouncers

...#3 Awesome bartender


Soon after ordering our beers, the band returned from a break and started playing covers. The
Lisa Love Experience was the first female-fronted cover band I've seen so far. She was kick ass. She belted out those tunes with a spunky attitude and crazy dance moves.

Meesh, Erin and I boogeyed and mad
e new friends including some Long Islanders and some Irish, who have apparently invaded Boston. People were dancing so intensely that the floor was shaking and we thought it might fall through. Here's a little video of the band singing a song that reminded us of Noelle.

Eye Spy:


  1. A crazy Irish man posing for a picture, completely unaware he was on video
  2. The annoying Long Islander who kept following us around
  3. The singer (who is not named Lisa) pointing at me while belting it out
  4. The psychotic, drunk groupie who kept trying to stroke and leap onto the guitarist


Sweet cover band at the Green Dragon. from Maria F on Vimeo.



The night ended and we headed to McDonalds to get in on some Walk-Thru Window action. Little did we know....


Erin ordering:






Meesh ravaging her burger:






If you are looking for ways to meet men, walk around with a McDonalds bag in hand. We were approached by literally every guy on t
he street. Everyone wanted a fry. Some really went over-board. We were trying to hail a cab and some 30-somethings came over begging for food and talking to us. One reached in Michelle's bag for a fry and instead pulled out her entire burger. We all started screaming as he devoured over a quarter of the sandwich in one bite. He ran away, mouth full, as I screamed I'd stab him with my heel.

We decided to relocate because no cabs were stopping. Two guys were walking up the Government Center stairs behind us, asking for fries.


Us
: Go away.

Guy: Can I have a fry?
Us: No. We are never getting McDonalds again.
Guy
: Come on! Where are you guys going, anyways? Where's the party?

Me
: I'm not sure... my dad's coming to pick us up right now.


WELL! That is the best defense mechanism ever because he scattered faster than Chris running from dogs.



THEME OF THE YEAR #37:
Compiling good lines to make guys go away.
  1. My dad's picking me up.
  2. No thank you, sir. (Noelle)
  3. Why don't you give ME your number and then maybe I'll call later. (Tara)
  4. Keep moving! (Erin)
  5. Surprise transvestite costume (Katie)


Saturday was even more eventful so I'll write about it later.


Sleep tight, kids.

1 comment:

Maxie said...

there's nothing better than late night mcdonalds :-)