Thursday, June 5, 2008

Your love is like a HEAT WAVE

I'm dying.

It's not work. It's not the roommates. It's not Ann Arbor. It's this damn heat. I'm going to melt in my sleep. I tried to crack a window in my room only to discover the windows don't actually open. I've been festering away between these four walls, just me and my computer which has been my little space heater.

DAD. IF YOU'RE READING THIS. BRING ME A FAN!

Moving on.

Tomorrow's my first Friday at the internship. Not gonna lie... This 8:30 to 5 business was starting to kill me. But then a strange thing happened. I had my first day where I wasn't exhausted by lunch. That was today. This week has been exciting. I've learned quite a bit and enjoyed all of it. (Even the tech meeting everyone attended for the pizza but didn't actually understand a word of. The two guys next to me were very good drawers.) Sitting in my chair staring at a computer screen all day was difficult at first but my back hurts less and I'm finding I get lost in the work more and more.

The Ride, on the other hand. The Ride is Ann Arbor's public transportation. I tried taking it to work today and it was 20 minutes late. I almost started sprinting to work but thankfully the bus came before I gave up. The 30 minute walk isn't that bad anyway...

My roommates are great. They've been really welcoming. They brought me out to both Red Wings games so I was able to relax with a beer, meet new people, watch some hockey and get back in time for bed.

In fact, the whole sleep situation is bizarre... I was so tired the other night I fell asleep at about 7 PM and slept until 6:30 AM waking once to watch Law and Order then falling back asleep. I don't have much energy by the time I get home. Hopefully I'll adjust so I can be social at least one or two nights a week.

Tomorrow's supposed to be in the 90s. I hope the roommates aren't creeped out by nudity and my overwhelming need to periodically cool off in the kitchen sink.

No comments: