Sunday, June 1, 2008

The MTV Movie Awards were pretty dumb as usual, but this has nothing to do with that so keep reading dad...

Check it:

I made it to Ann Arbor without vomiting or passing out. Mom, dad and Joe helped me move in and get settled with groceries, lunch and a reliable route to work. I have a 30 minute hike cross-campus which will double as my daily work out routine. I don't trust public transportation yet so I will use the only thing I can rely on: myself.

Moving right along, I met three of the four roommates and much to my relief they are normal and outgoing. We are similar in many ways including:
  1. we are all girls
  2. we all live under the same roof
  3. we will all be seniors in university
  4. we all enjoy the occasional beer
  5. we all have a tendency to sleep in late
I'm sure good times lay ahead. The weird thing is that the room I'll occupy for the next two months, while wonderfully comfortable and clean, has pictures of it's permanent resident plastered to the walls. Therefore, you must forgive me if I have the occasional identity crisis or out-of-character moment. I am not schizophrenic. I am just confused.

The three hours of sleep fueling me for the day is starting to wear off and leave instead a throbbing headache and eyelids heavier than the 5-ton boulder resting in the base of my stomach. I'm going to turn out the lights, toss and turn as I try to fall asleep, wake up several times because the ulcers I've acquired on the ride over are burning a hole through my stomach and eventually give up and get dressed before hiking to my doom/salvation. Check back later to find which it is.

No comments: