Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Weirdos in Logan, and Other Tales From the Road. Chapter Two.



Forward

Chapter One: The Shadowboxing Magician
Chapter Two: Bug Eyes

I look up from a brief staring match with my iPod to see a deranged woman standing two feet in front of Steve and I, peering intently out the window. The woman's eyes were bulging out of her head as she tried to will her plane to arrive.

Does she know Logan International has been temporarily shut down?

Her hair has not been tended to in days. She looks like she's been waiting for a week.

A group of pilots stand huddled by the check-in desk. The woman presses herself against the window in an attempt to hear their conversation. She's a stealth master. Double agent.

I turn to Steve and inform him that if we are stuck in Logan much longer, I will go crazy.

The woman snaps her head around, eyes red and popping out of her forehead, and shrieks, "Go where?"

"Excuse me?" I ask.

"Where's that plane going?"

"Oh. I don't know. Nowhere apparently."

Now I see, it is too late for some travelers. Insanity sets in after about four hours of uninformed confinement.

No comments: