Wednesday, November 14, 2007

While 426 sleeps, I plan my first experiment...

So I'm sitting here with three pages of my paper finished still feeling the effects of my trip to UBurger six hours ago. I mean, really? I didn't even finish my burger (with extra special sauce, mmm) even though it was delicious.

This started me thinking. I have been eating so much shit lately that I wouldn't be surprised if I grew a couple of spare limbs (poor Lakshmi.) This can't be healthy. In fact, I feel so completely unhealthy that I have decided to stage an intervention... with myself. Starting right now I will undergo emergency detoxification. This means that for the next three days (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) I will eat only fruits and vegetables and drink only water. The only exception allowed will be for peanut butter to accompany my apples and liquor to subdue the belly growls. I will decide Friday if this detoxification should continue through the weekend but I will guarantee right now It will not go on past Monday evening, which is when I will arrive in my nice, clean, warm home in Michigan. How can I detoxify when my mom has spent all day cooking a juicy Thanksgiving Turkey? That's just not fair to her.

But for now and the next few days, stop me if you see me reaching for the cheesy bread in the dining hall.

In the words of that multi-color haired girl from Paramore: I think we have an emergency.

No comments: