Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dreams and Jellyfish

Freud really had something with his whole dream interpretation nonsense.

Dream interpretation has been a vital part of college life. Tara, an avid dream interpreter, is always eager to decipher the true meaning behind my strange and twisted dreams. Sometimes the only answer is that I'm severely messed up.

This was not the case with my dreams last night. Let me explain:

The dream had several parts, but the most significant and interesting took place in a kitchen. I opened a friend's refrigerator to discover a clear box filled with water and about five small, lavender jellyfish floating around. I was intrigued by these jellyfish and watched them for a while.

I told Noelle about this vivid and strange dream. She told me to look up the meaning on www.dreammoods.com. This is what I discovered:

Jellyfish

To see a jellyfish in your dream, represents painful memories that are emerging from your unconscious. There may be hidden hostility or aggression in some aspect of your waking relationship or situation. Alternatively, it may indicate feelings of inadequacy and a lack of self-esteem. Perhaps there is some situation in which you are unable to assert yourself.

Refrigerator

To see or open a refrigerator in your dream, represents your chilling personality and/or cold emotions. The dream may also be telling you need to put some goal, plan, or situation on hold. Alternatively, it signifies that you have found and accomplished what you have been unconsciously seeking.



This seemed pretty accurate to me. I will not go into the details. But basically my dream was inspired by painful memories and I am in a cold, self-conscious state right now, according to DreamMoods. I'm not sure how accurate those two elements are. I think I'm pretty cold all the time generally speaking. I don't think my personality itself is cold... I think I just come off cold. But I'm not really sure. It's difficult to analyze yourself.

I'm not sure about the goal, plan or situation that I should put on hold. Perhaps it's my school work. I'm doing a pretty good job of putting that on hold right now.

I wish I knew what I have found and accomplished that I have been unconsciously seeking! Maybe it's referring to my newly cleaned and organized room. There's no way I could have been consciously seeking a clean room; it would have been done weeks ago if that were the case.

I can't wait to go to sleep and dream up something new and magical!

No comments: