Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Theme of the week.

Noelle and I have (somewhat accidentally but ingeniously nonetheless) devised a new tradition/weekly-event/thing.

Ladies and gentlemen I present.... THEME OF THE WEEK!


It all began two weekends ago at a birthday party in an apartment in the Allston area. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves in the company of many fun and interesting people including a very short kid.

"That has GOT to be the shortest person I've EVER seen," Noelle screamed in the kitchen.

If I had a belt, I would have hit her. The girl needs to learn some restraint. The short kid heard her and had a disturbing look of depression on his face. He probably cried himself to sleep that night after drinking away the pain.

Some time shortly after that we saw a "freakishly small" kid in the dining hall. This frequent and unusual sighting of strangely small people was our first "theme of the week."

The theme has since changed to "the good old days."

This began when Noelle greeted me after Thanksgiving break. We decided to go out to dinner but didn't know where to go so I told her we should look in a coupon book for inspiration. I opened the book and started reading off restaurants but had a hard time pronouncing one.

"I have NO idea what this one is," I told Noelle.

She looked at me with both her eyebrows raised opening her little Asian eyes more widely than I've seen in a while and encouraged me to "sound it out."

DO YOU REMEMBER THAT?!?! I haven't heard that phrase for such a long time but it is by far one of the best phrases ever created. Sound it out. That is my new metaphor for life.

Another "good old days" moment that hit me for no apparent reason was the old bra snap. Remember the days it used to be cool and funny for boys to snap the back of girls' bras? I'm glad those days are over.

Keep your eyes and ears open for more "good old days" moments people. That is the theme of the week. Report back to me. (Steve and Noelle. And anyone else who may read this.)

No comments: