Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm a failure.

Ok so my experiment with lucid dreaming didn't go quite as planned. I didn't even come to the conclusion that I was dreaming in the dream. It was like any other dream. I did remember it though and it was a little creepy.

Brief synopsis of the creepiest part:
My dad and I were on Comm Ave in front of Sicilia's and a vehicle backed into his legs causing him to fall to the floor in immense pain at which point I called the police who took forever to arrive. I was extremely worried about the result this accident would have on his hockey career. I thought he was doomed forever and became sad but then my dad stood up, said he was fine and forced me to get into our car. He sped off and I yelled at him for speeding and he told me to shut up because I'm always yelling about nothing. We drove for a while through hilly terrain swerving between strange houses and tombstones.

The creepiest thing about the dream is that last night my boss, who encouraged me to try this lucid dreaming business, had a dream with his mother in it and she slipped and was injured. After her injury, she yelled at him for going too fast while running on the ice. I know it's not quite the same thing... but it's similar enough to have creeped me out. I feel like our dream worlds are strangely connected. Or were last night. It makes me wonder who else's dreams mine relate to. What affect do we have on dreams other than our own? Do we have an affect at all?

Some people are connected spiritually somehow. They must be. For example, Tara and I have a strange connection. Weird things often happen with our lives that we notice when discussing them in detail. The strongest connection seems to be found in our love lives. They are rarely both good at the same time. We are rarely both happy with whatever situation we are in. When one has good luck, the other tends to have bad. We have weird dreams about each other that seem to tell a lot about whatever situation is going on at the time. The strangest thing to happen was probably about a summer ago. I forget exactly what happened but she was in Connecticut and I in Indiana and something bad happened to her and I had a dream that night about how she was crying hysterically. I woke up in a terrible mood and found out later she was having a rough time. Maybe we're twins!!! Or maybe I'm just making it up. I can never tell.

No comments: