Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Scrabulous Outrage!

Yesterday I was alerted to the fact that Scrabulous is no longer.

GASP!

Aside from Bumper Stickers, Scrabulous was my favorite Facebook application. What will I do when I go back to the COM of
fice in Boston and am looking for something fun to do with Tara while we sit three feet apart from each other?

Reports that Hasbro asked Facebook to remove the application have been circulating for some time. Hasbro owns the rights to Scrabble in North America, Mattel overseas. Although I won't be joining the proposed hunger strikes, I will bitch about it for at least one blog post. I guess this will give me time to step up my game for when I play against Nora, my younger coworker and eternal Scrabulous nemesis.

Apparently Mattel is working on a more legally acceptable version for North America. I'm sure people will protest, if any are still standing after all these hunger strikes. Eventually, those left will give in and resume playing the new version during work, class and other inappropriate times of the day. No one really played during their free time anyways.

No comments: