Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Catching up with Maria

So basically I've unplugged for the last several days. Sometimes I just need to step away from the computer. I feel better now. You haven't missed anything except:
  • I saw and loved Dark Knight. Dark indeed. The absence of Katie Holmes was a little distracting but probably not as distracting as her tragic new hair cut. Heath was amazingly creepy. Michael Caine is a silver fox. Christian Bale will always be fantastic, although I am skeptical about his upcoming role in Terminator.
  • I almost had a heart attack when a chicken recipe from a chef self-labeled "Chef-Kyle-In Middle Skool" went terribly and utterly awry. I could feel my arteries closing.
  • Bridget came home with Scabies. I'm convinced I have them now too.
  • I witnessed Alexis reciting Romeo + Juliet (on VHS) word for word, including the music. I never realized how bizarre that movie is.
  • I experienced two new Ann Arbor bars: Monkey Bar and Cafe Habana. Both were enjoyable. The latter reminded me of a bat cave. Bridget had a problem with the lighting.
  • Emily turned 21. Hilarity ensued. Especially when she decided to name me Swiss Beats and then rap while trying to issue sobriety tests to those around her.

No comments: