Monday, May 19, 2008

The trip home*

*Actually written May 18th at 9:00 PM.


I'm laying on a couch in my grandma's house, covered by an Afghan she made years ago. She is watching the Yankees (though she's a die hard Red Sox fan) and my dad is snoring away in his childhood bedroom. After having successfully avoided a thick slab of meatloaf in the shape of a bundt cake, I have not been successful in acquiring internet. I'm trying to steal wireless from the neighbors but it's not working. Ugh.

Goodbye Boston! My final week in Myles went by fast. Packing was very therapeutic. Weeding through all of my belongings helped clear my mind. It's important to deal with clutter and choose what stays and goes (with people as well as belongings.)

I feel like I've accomplished a lot when I throw junk away. I made 11 dollars at the liquor store recycling over 200 beer cans from the semester. I found clothes I thought I'd lose and paperwork I though was trashed. I threw away broken speakers, old projects and worn clothes. Half of my possessions will now reside in my grandmother's attic while the other half journeys back to Michigan with me.

There goes another year! Time to get ready to get a real job and venture into a house of four girlfriends nestled deep in the heart of the University of Michigan campus. It'll be interesting to see how other college kids live. I'm sure it's different than 426. Although the girl I'm subletting from calls me "girl" and "girly" in all her e-mails, so it can't be that different.

No comments: