Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Day Three: March 10

Noelle is here!!!

Michelle and I met Noelle, Jess and Tara at a sandwich place by the tube station. The sandwiches were so good. I got a salami with basil, tomato and lettuce. After lunch we went to Jess' flat and said our goodbyes to Tara, who was heading back to Madrid where she is studying this semester. Noelle, Michelle and I were the only ones in the flat so we all decided to squeeze into Jess' top bunk and spoon each other. We fell asleep like this and were woken later by a laughing Jess.

The four of us took a double decker bus to Trafalgar Square. This is one of my favorite places in London. I climbed on top of the lions in the square. We took a lot of touristy pictures then went into the National Gallery taking turns picking which rooms to go through. It was weird being in there again. It brought back memories of my high school trip to London. I had to give a presentation in the National Gallery. I found the painting and told Jess what I remembered. I enjoyed the museum much more this time around.

Hungry and tired after absorbing so much culture, we stopped at a "Pret a Manger" for some snacks. I had the best chocolate croissant I've ever consumed and enjoyed the sugar rush that hit me after drinking a hot chocolate and a coke.

We went back to Chris' and Michelle and I got in pajamas and cooked the boys pasta in a large trough. After dinner we relaxed with some drinks and waited for Jess and Noelle to meet us. They finally rang the doorbell and Noelle came in mocking me by screaming "woo" repeatedly in a high pitched voice. James later commented: "Yea... That was kinda weird. You guys talked so much about Noelle and then the first time I meet her she comes running into our place barking." Good times.

The boys took us to a bar called Archangel that night. Out of nowhere on the walk over, Michelle exclaimed in a loud and unusually deep voice, "Mmmmmmmm. Haaaaaaaaaayuuuuuuummmm." That quote became a frequently used phrase of the trip.

We were the only people in the bar but the atmosphere was awesome. We sat on the second level which was small with big couches and square leather chairs. White Christmas lights were strung at the ceiling and there were several different shaped mirrors along the walls.



We're back at Chris' now. Michelle and I are going to go talk late into the night about life and nothing.

No comments: