Tuesday, February 24, 2009

QUACK. QUACK. QUACK. QUACK.


There are two reasons why I have been and will continue to quack all week.
  1. Our Broomball team, Gordon Bombay, had their first game last night.
  2. I am going to the Bruins vs. Ducks game Thursday.

So we decided to organize a Broomball team for our last semester in college. It looks something like this (except Team Gordon Bombay looks less goofy and more fierce):


I most closely resemble Emilio Estevez, so naturally I am Captain of this team. You may have thought I was physical-activity-challenged, but I assure you I am a beast in the face of competition.


Here are some of our team strategies:
  1. Growl
  2. Scream
  3. Push (but don't get a penalty)
We're still working on the logistics. But last night we were victorious. (Do I smell championships in the distance?) Our final score was 3-1 but I'll just call it 4-0 because Team GB scored all four goals.

Our team is amazing. All the guys are superstars who have at some point played hockey (or some aggressive alternative.)
All the girls are vicious. Christina has some sweet dance moves when being goalie. Michelle took out a bag of frozen peas as soon as we got home. She landed on her knees three times. I hope she can walk today.

I just want to get back on the ice! After I graduate (in less than three months) I'll have to enroll in an aggressive yet relatively easy-on-the-bones (no breaks) activity. Suggestions welcomed.


Our next game is March 23. There is much to do until then.
  1. Design and order team shirts
  2. Memorize some motivational quotes from Mighty Ducks
  3. Work on my growl
  4. Find a photographer
Does anyone know a good place to order customized t-shirts???

1 comment:

L.L. said...

Just memorize the formation of the flying v and you will do wonderful!