Monday, March 23, 2009

Addition to the Resume: I am multi-talented! Hire me!



Aaah the job search. Thank you, economy!

We've all read the statistics and seen the news reports. It's all I hear any more. Literally. Jess and I, while walked down Newbury for some coffee last Wednesday, were discussing our futures and the economy when literally two seconds after our first moment of silence two other women passed us talking about the economy's current suckage.

Granted, there are still jobs out there. I've read many posts and articles about this situation especially as it pertains to soon-to-be college grads and one piece of advice I keep hearing is, "don't use the bad news of the economy as an excuse to be passive in a job search."

I have found some very interesting calls for resumes. I saw on Jimmy Fallon that the job of fly keeper or some such thing exists... So I have hope.

Despite the destitute situation for those of us being kicked out of our cozy dorm lives, it is pretty exciting to picture myself in all the new cities and positions of jobs I've been applying to.

I will take this opportunity to expand my resume and suggest positions I would excel in, should a job in PR not arise.

  1. Body Guard or Bouncer: I have taken several self defense classes including Shotokan Karate and Boxing. Additionally, I have two very aggressive brothers who challenge (and therefore improve) my skills. Wrestling is a passion of mine and I usually make people cry during games of Civil War. I pretend I'm La Femme Nikita frequently and am not one to shy away from a mosh pit during a good song. I have tricks by which to successfully subdue unruly delinquents.
  2. Therapist: I have extensive experience in family relations and group therapy. I tend to be the go-to girl when problems arise. Dealing with passionate, Greek family members is tricky and complex but I have mastered the ways of a successful mediator.
  3. Hostage Negotiator: For the same reasons as above. Additionally, my babysitting experiences often resembled terrorist negotiations. Threatening to take away gaming consoles and deprive children of pre-bedtime chocolate milk was necessary in some cases but I always won.
  4. T-Shirt Vendor: It's always been my dream to tour the country/world listening to live music every day of my life.
  5. Washboard player/percussionist-of-sorts: See above.

Let me know if you have any openings for any of the above. Or anything else! I'm open to suggestions and talented across many platforms and arenas.This is only the tip of the iceberg, people!

No comments: