Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Kate Nash is a raging tuba.

What's with this recent surge of whiny British girls all over MTV? Amy Winehouse, despite her missing teeth, drug addiction and dirty Cockney accent is one thing. Her voice is great and her lyrics are clever and interesting. Lily Allen is pushing it. Some of her songs are tolerable (as opposed to her latest music video which should have never even aired. No one wants to spend 3 minutes of their lives watching a cartoon character try to seduce a bunch of guys in a bar.) Kate Nash is just awful. I couldn't care less about her relationship problems. I don't blame her boyfriend for thinking she's boring and annoying. Her lyrics reflect her personality, apparently. I haven't looked into her biographical information, but it sounds like an angry high-schooler wrote her newest song, Foundations. For example:

You've gone and got sick on my trainers, I only got these Yesterday. Oh my gosh, I cannot be bothered with this.

Seriously? Please. Dump his ass and get on with your life for everyone's sake. Get her off MTV. I want to see more Lady Sovereign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6btkVat_oQc

No comments: